Apple Start-Up, Crash, and Easter Egg Sound Collection
- version 1.4
- for Mac and PC
- requires Quicktime
Programs Used (NOTE: Classic 68K apps):
- ROMmie - A program I did not use, but am asked for often.
- Save ROM - The program I used for accessing ROMs.
- Brian's Sound Tool - Use to access binary files to find sounds.
1) Can I change my startup sound:
answer - No, it is run directly out of ROM at startup. The only way is to
change your ROM. This would be done if you got a PowerPC upgrade
board for a 680x0 computer.
2) How did I get the sound out of the ROM:
answer - I used a program called SaveROM to transfer the ROM into a binary
program. Then I used Brian's Sound Tool to extract the sounds from
the binary data.